Obsolescense Challenge / R.O.P.E.®
As sequestration begins to reduce military budgets and potentially put missions at risk, legislators are seeking ways to provide taxpayer relief, while the military is being asked to reassess the purchase of new assets. Now, more than ever, life cycle sustainment is a major focus of our customers. Expensive and mission-critical assets must be kept mission capable throughout and well beyond their expected life span. Parts Life, Inc. provides the engineering, manufacturing, and 3PL support needed to sustain, upgrade, and expand the life of your assets, facilitating and enhancing system readiness. Parts Life, Inc. is a leader in life cycle sustainment management.
Why choose Parts Life, Inc.? Choose Parts Life, Inc. because we provide:
- Extensive experience providing customized parts for the defense, aerospace, heavy duty, construction, and automotive industries.
- Sustainment strategies and planning
- Experience with the Humvee, DDG Destroyer, and Aegis Weapon Systems to allow quick transfer of knowledge to meet customers’ needs and allow for quick, efficient part solutions.
The Challenge: DMSMS
One of the most pressing challenges facing the U. S. military and program managers is rapid obsolescence. As sequestration and other factors drive military budget reductions, the Department of Defense (DOD) is requiring legacy weapons platforms to perform well beyond their anticipated lifespans. The predictable result is Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortage (DMSMS)—the increasing scarcity of spare parts for expensive, mission-critical assets.
DMSMS is an enormous strain on those tasked with maintaining aging military assets in the face of dwindling parts supplies.
The Solution: R.O.P.E®
In response to DMSMS concerns, Parts Life, Inc. has developed the Rapid Obsolescence Planning and Execution service (R.O.P.E.®).This methodology marries repair and remanufacturing, as well as the ability to provide quick-turn response, project guidance, and program management. R.O.P.E.® enables cradle-to-grave asset optimization—a permanent solution to rapid obsolescence, with a particular focus on implementation. Through the R.O.P.E.® methodology, Parts Life, Inc. acts as the central catalyst in an extended network of suppliers, designers, DMS managers, and other stakeholders.
- Our capabilities include customized parts solutions, life cycle sustainment, service life extension, and lifetime support for each and every part we sell.
- R.O.P.E.® typically begins with an analysis of parts lists/bills of materials to determine the optimum obsolescence management strategy for a given asset.
- Each part has a “remaining useful life,” or “expected time to failure” assigned to it. Each part also requires a method for procuring replacement parts. Our analysis and obsolescence management strategy enable this planning, as well as optimizing for cost and other parameters.
- Parts Life, Inc. is currently one of the only enterprises dedicated to providing obsolescence solutions, and we are the exclusive provider of the R.O.P.E.® methodology.